Monday, 11 February 2013

Winter walk


In September I spoke to my family doctor about how tired I am of being overweight and asked for some help. We chatted a bit and he challenged to to lose 10lbs by Christmas. 
I did that am an now down 17lbs, heading for 50 by the end of the year. 

I have been working away in our basement gym since the beginning of December and I have to tell you that walking on the treadmill every day is getting really old!
SO
On February 6 I participated in Alberta's Winter Walk Day, and did a great hike in the hills with about 20 people and what felt like as many dogs!

Yesterday was a gloriously sunny, mild day after many, many, bitterly cold and snowy ones so I decided my family would go out and enjoy that walk together.

I have to say, this beats the heck out of the treadmill in the basement ANY day of the week!
Now if my dogs would just stick around instead of chasing deer it would be perfect!

Most of the trail is a track like this one that the snowmobiles use,


but a section of it is a game trail, I stepped off to show you how deep it is. This is just the current layer, I am sure there is at least that much more under the last thaw and freeze!



This is a great shot of a portion of our little town, and the frozen Peace River,
click on it to see a larger version.


Looking forward to lots more sunshine adventures in Belize in three short weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Margaret! Looks like Bruce and the dogs enjoy getting outside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I know that losing weight is not as easy as it should be. I'm a walker but there are times that going out walking can be a pain. I don't know how you can closet yourself in the basement to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous view! Congrats on the weight loss and maybe you continue to enjoy these winter walks!

    ReplyDelete